Wednesday, August 11, 2004

When the temperature outside is higher than body temperature, I get lightheaded real easily. As long as my bike is moving, the evaporative cooling makes it OK, but at stoplights, I really feel it. I find I need to drink way more water in the summer; I know we're supposed to limit our fluid intake, but if I stick to the guidelines, I get dizzy. I have about 12 cups of fluid a day rather than 8 whenever the temp is over 85. (Remember, fluid includes most fruits, jello, sauces, sorbet and ice cream, and many other soft foods, not just stuff you drink out of a glass.) If you are getting that same lightheaded feeling a lot, ask your doctor whether you can drink more and take a slightly higher dose of your diuretic until the weather cools off again. Don't forget that the loop diuretics such as Lasix can make you sunburn easily!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?