Sunday, October 03, 2004

It may be autumn on the calendar, but it's still around 90 degrees in the afternoon here. So I'm still making ice cream. This weekend, I made the banana ice cream mentioned earlier, except that used both a banana and a nectarine. I found my larger ice cream maker, the half-gallon one. So I nuked a banana and the nectarine until they were soft, pureed them in the food processor, added a whole can of evaporated milk instead of just 1 cup, threw in a half tsp of ginger, a tsp of lemon juice, a 1/4 cup orange juice, and 1/4 cup EACH of pecans and semi-sweet chocolate chips. It worked QUITE well, if I say so myself - everybody had large bowls of it and it disappeared quickly.

The weather is SLIGHTLY cooler though - it's getting down below 70 at night now - and that does make me feel a little better. I've always been a fall person, felt more energetic in the fall.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?