Friday, July 22, 2005

It has been a while. We moved from Texas to Maryland. Where up until this week, it has been 10-15 degrees cooler than Texas. This week, the temperatures are about identical. But that's OK - it's the middle of July, it's supposed to be summer. At least here in the Baltimore area, summer will last for another few weeks, and it'll be getting cooler again by the end of August. In Austin, it will stay in the 90's till October.

Nothing much to write about. Gotta find a new cardiologist now that I'm here. That should be fun. Gotta figure out what my health plan will pay for, now that I'm out-of-state with reference to the Employees Retirement System of Texas. Yeeha.

Anyone taking beta-blockers is going to have problems with heat. If you are taking furosemide/Lasix or related diuretics, you will also have problems with the sun. Suggestion: invest in several cooling bandanas. (Like this one, http://www.brandsonsale.com/zecoba.html , although that's just an example. I have not personally ordered from these people, so I don't know if it's any good. It's just to show you the kind of thing I mean.) For playing in the band in outdoor 4th of July concerts, I wear 2-3 of these - one tied around my forehead, one around my neck, one sorta draped down the center of my back. They really help. I could stand being out in the heat for almost 3 hours with these. Don't overexert yourself, though - you shouldn't try to "tough it out."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?