Thursday, August 04, 2005

Cholesterol Drugs & Heart Failure
A common cholesterol-reducing drug may lower the risk of death from heart failure. Read the complete article: Statin therapy lowers mortality in heart failure. For more information, visit HeartCenterOnline's Cholesterol Center or Heart Failure Center. Or, view all Cholesterol News or Heart Failure News.

You can also check out the Heart Failure Quiz.

And other articles:
Topiramate lowers weight and blood pressure
Statin therapy lowers mortality in heart failure


I've been doing OK since I arrived in Maryland; it's been 10-15 degrees cooler than in Austin except for the last 2 weeks. Right now it's as hot and humid as Austin. But even so it doesn't feel quite as bad, because there isn't heat soaked into the ground from months and months of temperatures near 100 degrees. There are still lots of shady trees, and the grass is green, which keeps the ground temperature cooler.

My big worry right now is that my insurance, from the Employees Retirement System of Texas, still hasn't told me what my coverage is for finding a new cardiologist up here, so I don't have a doctor. My old doctors back in Austin are not going to authorize my prescription refills in Maryland forever, so I really need to find a family doctor and a cardiologist soon, and I really should find an electrophysiologist as well, since it'll be time for another ICD/pacemaker reading/check-up in another month or so. So I guess I need to phone ERS and hassle them a bit, to find out what my coverage limits are now that I'm "out of area." (For that matter, I still haven't found anyone to cut my hair, either, and that needs doing, but at least I don't have to wait on insurance for that! Moving certainly discombobulates one's life, even when it's overall for the better.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?