Friday, March 31, 2006

In case you were wondering, I did indeed have the ICD removed. Now I am deviceless. My arm and shoulder are still a bit sore - the surgical "wound" from removing the whole device and letting the resulting "pocket" heal from the inside out is a bit more major than putting the device in was. And my other arm is occupied by a PICC line running IV antibiotics from a portable infusion pump. So it's a bit impaired too. Which is why you haven't seen any long entries here. As soon as the PICC line is removed next week, I'll have a long post about the whole experience, plus a post on today's visit with my regular cardiologist in which I learned that several classes of common antibiotics are arrhythmogenic (cause arrhythmias) and should be seriously avoided by people at risk for arrhythmia!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?