Friday, March 17, 2006

Well, crap. As you recall, I had surgery two weeks ago, and it wasn't successful - they did not manage to implant the third lead. Now there seems to be an infection in the pacemaker site. Going to have to go back in for surgery Monday morning. 5% chance it's harmless serum, they drain it, I go home. 95% chance it's infected, they will remove the whole pacemaker, which happens to be somewhat more complex and riskier than putting it in was (details provided at some future point when I feel more like typing), and have to stay in the hospital for several days because of the risks and so that they can keep me on IV antibiotics. Crap crapcrapcrapcrapcrap.

Little ray of sunshine, aren't I?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?