Monday, October 23, 2006

Well, I've just been busy. Busier than I should be, perhaps - we had houseguests for a weekend, and between the clean-up before-hand, the staying up late talking, and the running around doing stuff, I was wiped out - pretty much slept straight through afterwards, waking up only briefly for lunch and dinner the next day. My sleep schedule is still a bit rocky after that.

On the bright side, my 6 weeks is up since the surgery, so I can now raise my right arm above shoulder level, and carry my saxophone, and get back on the motorcycle. I hadn't been able to put on t-shirts for the 6 weeks - it is possible, though difficult, to get a t-shirt ON without raising one's arm above the head, but it is completely impossible to get a t-shirt OFF without doing so.

The scar is still sort of odd - a very pronounced ridge, although at least it doesn't have the strange tuck under it any more - but the week or so that it took that tuck to loosen up and flatten out some was quite some pain. A great deal of nerve pain, under the shoulder and radiating out along the right arm, feeling like I was being stabbed with daggers. Not fun. But that's gone now. I wish doctors were better about warning one about that sort of thing!!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?